Our tipis are situated in secluded areas on this beautiful wooded property. Each tipi has a cook shelter with a full size propane BBQ (with side burner) nearby.
The tipis have wooden floors. There is no heat source in the tipis so be sure to bring sufficient bedding. We do rent out propane firebowls for the tipi upon request.
One of our tipis is 24 ft in diameter and will sleep up to approximately 12 people. The other tipi is 18 ft in diameter and will sleep up to approximately 6 persons.
- jug provided for water (potable water available at the shower building)
- Cook shelter with propane BBQ (with side burner)
- Outdoor Firepit (one complimentary bundle of birch firewood is included in rate - birch firewood available for purchase at the campground office).
WHAT TO BRING:
- foamie/mattress and warm bedding
- cooking gear, basin, axe, lantern / flashlights, matches/lighter, fire starter/paper, weiner sticks, lawn chairs, bug spray, etc.
Upon request Pat will serve bannock with jam and mint tea at your site. $8 per person. Have it baked or cook it yourself over your campfire using willow sticks provided by us.
Sorry, no pets in the tipi / trapper cabin / tenting areas.
Check-In time: 3:00 p.m. Check out: 12:00 p.m.
Elk Island Retreat is a private campground that offers a serene outdoor experience. We offer camping in TIPIS, TRAPPER CABINS, Full Service RV SITES, or traditional TENT camping sites. Stay tuned because soon we will be offering comfort camping in YURTS.
We are just a small distance from Elk Island National Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Redwater, Gibbons, or St. Albert.