Situated in the wooded valley that runs through the property are two 14x24 ft. trapper cabins. These rustic cabins are constructed of a log frame and fitted with a custom made canvas covering. Each cabin has 12 wooden built-in bunks, a wooden floor and a wood burning stove, providing warmth and comfort even in cooler weather. There is no electricity or plumbing in the cabins. There is an outhouse / washroom with a jug of water/handsoap/paper towels near by. Next to the cabin is a cook shelter with BBQ.
- A jug is provided for potable water (water available at shower bldg)
- Full size propane BBQ (with side burner)
- Outdoor Firepit - One complimentary bundle of birch firewood (birch firewood is also available for purchase)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Foamie / mattress and sufficient bedding (wooden bunks in cabins)
- All other regular camping gear is required for your stay: ie: cooking gear, basin, axe, matches/lighter, fire starter/paper, weiner sticks, lawn chairs, bug spray, etc.
Sorry, but no pets are allowed at the Trapper Cabin area.
Check-in time: 3:00 p.m. Check out: 12:00 p.m.
The cabins are located in a secluded area and are suitable for indivual family camping or for group events.There are two cabins available in the same area and they each sleep 12 people.
If you are an avid camper the cabins are available from March 17 to November 11th. The cabins are equipped with wood burning stoves to keep you toasty warm.
The rate is the same as that for the tipis. $75 per night for up to 5 people plus GST. $5 per night for each additional person.
Elk Island Retreat is a full service private campground that offers a serene outdoor experience. We offer camping in TIPIS, TRAPPER CABINS, Full Service RV SITES, or traditional TENT camping sites. Stay tuned because soon we will be offering comfort camping in YURTS.
We are just a small distance from Elk Island National Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Redwater, Gibbons, and St. Albert.